Holly Springs is located in Wake County, North Carolina, and was incorporated in 1876. Named for the freshwater springs throughout town, Holly Springs has seen extensive growth in the past decade, much like Apex to the north and Fuquay-Varina to the south. In 2007, CNN Money Magazine named Holly Springs as one of the best small towns in America. The town has also had the honor of being named one of the best places in North Carolina to raise kids. Located in nearby Sanford, and right next door in Apex, NC, the law firm of Wilson, Reives & Silverman is ready to help residents of Holly Springs with all types of workers’ compensation cases.
Employers in Holly Springs and surrounding areas are responsible for keeping you safe on the job. As a North Carolina employee, you have the right to know about any hazards present in your workplace. Your company is also legally required to provide information about work-related injuries and illnesses. In spite of state and federal laws designed to protect workers, however, workplace injuries remain all too common.
- Slip-and-fall accidents result in sprains, fractures, torn ligaments, and head injuries. These accidents often occur when someone spills liquid and does not clean it up, or when liquid leaks from a machine.
- Repetitive motion injuries occur when workers perform repetitive actions, work in awkward positions, or work for long periods without taking a break. Carpal tunnel syndrome is an example of a work-related repetitive motion injury.
- If an employee is involved in a motor vehicle accident while on the clock, any resulting injury may be classified as work-related.
- Falling objects may cause head injuries, broken bones, severe cuts, or other injuries.
Workers who come into contact with hazardous chemicals may suffer chemical burns, skin irritation, or eye irritation.
If you are injured on the job, you must report the injury to your employer right away, and you must seek medical care and evaluation as soon as possible. It is also important to contact a Holly Springs workers’ compensation attorney to ensure your employer does not violate any of your rights. Wilson, Reives & Silverman’ workers’ compensation team serves the Holly Springs area and we are ready to help you get the compensation and benefits you deserve. Benefits can include medical treatment, compensation for wage loss and compensation for permanent disability.
On-the-job injuries are common, but many people are unaware of the risk of developing a work-related illness. These illnesses, also called occupational diseases, stem from long-term exposure to hazardous substances. There are dozens of occupational illnesses such as:
- Mesothelioma caused by exposure to asbestos
- Occupational asthma due to chronic exposure to substances that irritate the airway
- Contact dermatitis and eczema caused by contact with hazardous chemicals
- Sulfuric acid or hydrochloric acid poisoning
- Psittacosis, a disease caused by contact with infected parrots, ducks, pigeons, and other birds
- Lead poisoning
The symptoms of an occupational illness don’t always show up right away. In fact, it can take years or even decades for one of these illnesses to affect an employee following exposure to hazardous substances. If you are diagnosed with an occupational illness, be sure to report it to your employer in writing. Then meet with one of the workers’ compensation attorneys at Wilson, Reives & Silverman to explore your options.
Workers’ Compensation Assistance in Holly Springs, NC
If you sustain a work-related injury, workers’ compensation should cover your medical expenses. Unfortunately, legitimate claims can be denied by an insurance company for a variety of reasons. If you receive a denial letter, the compensation team at Wilson, Reives & Silverman that serves the Holly Springs are available to help injured workers fight for the compensation that they are entitled to. If your injury was the result of a motor vehicle accident or as a result of other 3rd party negligence, we can also investigate whether you may be able to file a lawsuit against the third party who played a role in causing your accident.
Experienced, Reliable Counsel for Injured Workers
Jesse Shapiro is a certified specialist in NC workers’ compensation law. Jesse has devoted his legal career to helping injured workers get the workers’ compensation benefits they deserve. Whether you need help filing a workers’ compensation claim or fighting the insurance company if they issue a denial of benefits, Attorney Shapiro has experience fighting for your rights at all levels of the North Carolina Industrial Commission.
Call us today to get a free consultation and get the guidance and help you need – (919) 928-5843 or use our online Contact Form.