Per vehicle mile traveled, a motorcyclist’s risk of a fatal crash is 35 times greater than that of a passenger in a car accident
, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. If you have been injured in an accident, know that a motorcycle accident lawyer
at Wilson, Reives & Silverman understands the difficulties you face. We will draw on our experience, focus and skills to help you resolve your claim or lawsuit as quickly as possible. For many people who have been in a motorcycle accident, this isn’t just a case; it’s their life. Our lawyers treat each person with respect and undivided attention so you can feel as comfortable as possible moving forward with your case. These cases are often complex and always unanticipated by the client, so an experienced attorney can provide the guidance needed to find a resolution.
Your health and finances may have already been damaged – let us help you get back on the road again.
If I’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, what should I do next?
Be sure to arrange for proper medical care right away. If you do not, it may be more difficult later to prove that your injuries resulted from the accident.
Things to do
In addition to looking after your health, be sure to do the following:
- Get the names, addresses, phone numbers, driver’s license numbers and insurance information from all parties involved in your accident, as well as from any witnesses.
- If you have a camera – even one on your mobile phone – take photos of any damage to the vehicles, as well as the scene of the accident. Images of debris, skid marks or signs of weather can be useful in proving your case.
- If you’re not able to photograph this immediately, do so as soon as you can in the days following, while physical evidence is still fresh on the road.
- Make a summary of your personal injuries.
- Document any property damage you sustain.
Keep a record of any expenses you have as a result of your accident. Expenses can include:
- Tow fees
- Taxis and vehicle expenses
- Replacement/repair of damaged motorcycle and accessories, as well as anything you were carrying on your person or in a backpack, bag or saddlebag
- New motorcycle purchase
- Lost work days
- Emergency room and doctor office visits
- Physical therapy
- Prescription drugs
- Increased insurance fees
It’s not at all uncommon to get pushback by insurance companies on these expenses. Be sure to keep all of your documentation and receipts.
Where do I begin filing a claim?
You should definitely speak with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer to help determine whether you have a legal claim for damages. The lawyers at Wilson, Reives & Silverman will help assess your compliance with traffic laws and motor vehicle regulations. They will take into consideration your medical treatment issues and liability, and advise you on the best course of action.
It will not cost you anything to come in for a consultation. At Wilson, Reives & Silverman, PLLC, all personal injury consultations are given free of charge.
The motorcycle accident lawyers at Wilson, Reives & Silverman are here to provide you with trusted, effective legal counsel. We’ll focus on your claim, allowing you to focus on recovery and moving your life forward.