Do you need advice on filing a third-party or personal injury lawsuit? The workers’ comp and personal injury lawyers at Wilson, Reives & Silverman know your rights and are ready to help you gain the compensation you deserve. Your injuries could be devastating, and while no one plans on getting injured by a third-party or their employer, these cases do occur. An experienced workers comp and personal injury lawyer
can tell you what rights you have and what benefits you can receive. While nothing can replace good health, the compensation from a workers’ compensation and personal injury case can begin to ease some of the financial burdens of an injury.
What combined workers’ compensation/personal injury claims qualify?
If you can identify a third party in your injury, or if you suspect negligence or faulty equipment or products, you’re on your way to helping our workers’ comp and personal injury lawyers build a strong third-party case. In this case, the third party is not your employer. A workers’ compensation and personal injury lawyer can help determine if there is a case for both types of claims.
Cases like these can include:
- Car accidents – These include accidents that affect professional drivers or delivery personnel. They can also include motor vehicle accidents that occur when traveling between work locations or on work-related errands such as visiting vendors or purchasing office supplies.
- Electrocutions – Often these accidents involve cable, lighting and other installers who may encounter electricity from exposed high-voltage wires. These types of cases affect a variety of professionals across industries.
- Defective products or machinery – This could include medications or a device or product. All manufacturers have the responsibility to produce a safe product and package it with clear warnings or instructions. Failure to do so can result in an injury.
- Exposure to toxic substances – If your employer is aware of a toxic condition and fails to provide you with protective clothing or gear, this can be the basis for a civil lawsuit for gross negligence. Your safety should be a priority for your employer. If you are injured because of a toxic substance while on the job, you may have a personal injury/workers’ compensation claim.
- Workplace negligence or assault– Assault or violence in the workplace includes physical violence, harassment, intimidation and threatening behavior.
- Gross negligence – Even if your employer carries workers’ comp, you may be able to sue the employer for a work-related injury when you can prove it was the result of your employer’s willful, wanton, gross or reckless negligence.
Where do I begin filing a third-party lawsuit?
It will not cost you anything to come in for a consultation. At Wilson, Reives & Silverman, PLLC, all workers’ compensation and personal injury consultations are given free of charge. Our lawyers possess professional legal expertise, enabling them to represent their clients at the highest standard possible. Meeting with an attorney can help you understand your rights in a personal injury/workers’ compensation case, plus the strength of your case.
If you are seeking the benefits you deserve, our attorneys can help you. Those benefits can help you heal from your injury and move forward with your life. Each workers comp and personal injury lawyer at Wilson, Reives & Silverman is here to provide you with trusted, effective legal counsel. We’ll focus on your claim, allowing you to focus on recovery and moving your life forward.